Centrica Signs New Helicopter Services Deal with CHC
CHC Helicopter reported Friday that it has won a $45 million (GBP 29 million), three-year contract with Centrica Energy and Centrica Storage Limited to provide helicopter services across key oil and gas fields in the North Sea.
In the southern North Sea, CHC will operate an AW139 aircraft out of Humberside Airport, northeast England, from November this year to support Centrica's offshore activities, including the York and Rough platforms, as the operator relocates all flight operations from Yarmouth.
In the northern and central North Sea, Centrica Energy has secured the use of aircraft out of Aberdeen, Scotland, from June this year.
Jim Craig, Centrica Energy's operations director for the UK and the Netherlands, commented in a company statement:
"We are pleased to announce this new service with CHC, which will improve helicopter provision across our operations in the Northern, Central and Southern North Sea."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- EC225LP Helicopters Grounded in UK, Norway after 13 Killed in Crash (Apr 30)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Helicopter Contract to CHC (Jun 18)
- North Sea Crash: CHC Resumes Super Puma Flights (Aug 26)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- Gazprom Smells Opportunity as UK's Biggest Gas Store Shuts (Jun 23)