Drilling Begins at TGT-10X Well in Te Giac Trang Field
SOCO announced that the TGT-10X exploration well on the H5 fault block of the Te Giac Trang (TGT) field was spudded on June 20. The well is located approximately 3.7 miles south of the H4 Well Head Platform, which is in the southern part of Block 16-1's TGT Field in the Cuu Long Basin off the southern coast of Vietnam.
The TGT-10X well is the first in a four well drilling program to be conducted this year on the TGT field and will be drilled with the Naga 2 (350' ILC). The well is expected to take 25 to 30 days, with a planned depth of approximately 14,436 feet below mean sea level. Further updates will follow in due course.
The Vietnam 16-1 Project is operated by Hoang Long Joint Operating Company which was established by four partners: PTTEP Hoang Long (28.5-percent), PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (41-percent), and SOCO Vietnam (30-percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Hoang Long Joint Operating Co. more info
- Honeywell Bags Project Management, Engineering Deal for Te Giac Trang Field (Mar 06)
- SOCO Optimistic About Production Potential of Vietnam's Offshore TGT Field (Dec 10)
- First Oil from H5 Development in Te Giac Trang Field Planned for 2H 2015 (Nov 14)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)