Aker Wins Heidrun Platform Contract
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solutions reported Thursday that it has won a four-year deal with Statoil to supply, refurbish and store equipment for the control of production risers on the Heidrun platform in the North Sea.
The contract includes delivery of new equipment as well as maintenance and storage of existing materials. Aker will provide new tapered stress joints and a complete tension system for the Heidrun tension-leg platform. The contract also includes refurbishment and preservation of numerous stress joints, tension cylinders, tensioner frames and associated components.
The work will be carried out by Aker Solutions' drilling technologies business in Horten, Norway, with storage being handled by facilities in Kristiansund on the Norwegian west coast.
The contract has an option to be extended by a further four years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)