Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea
Aberdeen-based Dolphin Drilling Ltd., an independent drilling contracting companies in the North Sea, announced that it attended a naming ceremony recently to unveil the identity of a brand new state-of-the-art drillship to be operated by the company.
The ceremony for the 751 feet long ultra deepwater asset - known as Bolette Dolphin - took place at the Hyundai Heavy Industries Shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea, where it is currently being built.
The drillship, designed for efficient deepwater drilling and completion activity, will start work for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation later this year and has been contracted for a four year international campaign.
“The naming ceremony of the Bolette Dolphin hails a key step in the company’s strategic development with a deep water focus, directly in line with industry demands as exploration and production continues to push to ever deeper depths. The ship marks a significant investment for the Group and will be one of the most advanced deepwater drillships in the market," Graeme Murray, managing director at Dolphin Drilling Ltd, who attended the ceremony with his colleagues, said.
“Equipped to operate within 12,000 feet of water, with a maximum drilling depth of 40,000 feet, we are confident it will deliver favourable results for Anadarko and its major exploration campaign."
“The Bolette Dolphin will stand Dolphin Drilling in great stead helping ensure our long term future as we continue to drive forward our vision of being the preferred drilling contractor for the operation of mobile drilling units.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)