STATS Group Completes Isolation Project on Brent Pipeline
Scottish oilfield services firm reported Tuesday afternoon (UK time) that it has successfully completed an isolation project on TAQA Bratani's Brent pipeline at the Sullom Voe terminal in the Shetland Islands.
The Aberdeen-based firm provided a double-block isolation to facilitate a valve refurbishment operation on the 36-inch Brent pipeline pig receiver while the pipeline remained in normal operation. STATS Group achieved this using a 36-inch Tecno Plug that was controlled using composite hydraulic lines to allow the valve change-out to be carried out safely.
STATS Group CEO Pete Duguid commented in a company statement:
"The project ran like clockwork with all parties working seamlessly together. STATS' isolation services allowed valve maintenance activities to take place efficiently and prevented shutting down the entire pipeline. This would have resulted in a loss of time and revenue, potentially costing millions of pounds in lost production per day."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)
Company: STATS UK Ltd more info
- STATS Group Completes Isolation Project on Brent Pipeline (Jun 18)
- STATS Group Hits the Ground Running in 2010 (Apr 01)
- STATS Supports Engineers of the Future with Skills Charter (Mar 26)