Mercur Rig Contracted for Vietnam Well
Norwegian rig operator Songa Offshore reported Monday that it has been awarded a contract by Idemitsu Oil & Gas for the use of Songa Mercur (mid-water semisub) for a well offshore Vietnam.
Songa said the contract will commence immediately after the rig's commitment with eniVietnam, so keeping the unit busy into 2014. The new contract also includes one option well.
Songa said it expects to make $21 million in revenue from the estimated 80-day duration of the contract, which can be extended to approximately 140 days.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)