Falkland Islands 3D Seismic Survey Completed
Falkland Oil and Gas (FOGL) reported Thursday the completion of a 3D survey over its Southern Area licenses offshore the Falkland Islands.
FOGL said the survey aimed to target a number of prospects and leads immediately to the west and northwest of the Darwin condensate discovery.
Operated by Noble Energy, the survey was performed by the PGS M/V Ramform Sterling seismic vessel. It was conducted over Cretaceous Fault blocks with a total of 390 square miles of full-fold seismic data acquired.
The data will now be processed by PGS and a fast-track product will be available for interpretation in approximately two months, said FOGL. The final processed data is expected to be available during the fourth quarter of 2013.
FOGL added that its joint venture with Noble and Edison expects to award a new contract in the near future for a third 3D seismic survey over the northern license area, which is to be conducted during the fourth quarter.
FOGL holds a 52.5-percent interest in the Southern Area licenses, while Noble and Edison hold 35 percent and 12.5 percent respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)
Company: Falkland Oil & Gas more info
- Falkland Explorers Confirm Oil Discovery with Isobel Re-Drill (Jan 11)
- Premier Spuds Isobel-2 Well in North Falkland Basin (Nov 23)
- Sound Oil Makes Board Changes (Sep 28)