Atwood Oceanics Secures Contract for Jackup
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. announced Wednesday that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a drilling services contract for the Atwood Beacon (400' ILC) by Eni S.p.A. The Atwood Beacon is currently working offshore Israel under a contract which is expected to conclude by July 2013. The rig will then mobilize to Italy in direct continuation of this contract and will incur certain costs related to compliance with local laws and regulations.
The new contract has a firm duration period of two years plus one optional year period, exercisable with one year notice from the expiry of the firm period. This contract adds $128 million in revenue backlog.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)