ExxonMobil Awards Julia Field Contract to Technip
French oilfield services firm Technip S.A. reported Wednesday that it has been awarded a "substantial" lump-sum contract by Exxon Mobil Corp. for the development of the Julia field in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM).
The Julia field is located in the Walker Ridge are of the GOM in water depths of approximately 7,200 feet.
Technip said the contract covers the project management, engineering, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of approximately 30 miles of 10.75-inch outer diameter insulated flowlines, steel catenary risers and flowline end terminations
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will perform the overall project management, with detailed flowline design being completed by Technip subsidiary Genesis. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the group's spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama. The offshore installation is expected to be completed in 2015 by the Deep Blue, one of Technip's deepwater pipelay vessels.
David Dickson, Technip's senior vice president for the North America region, commented in a company statement:
"Following the award of the Hadrian South natural gas project by Exxon Mobil Corporation in 2012, this new project further reinforces our leading position in the Gulf of Mexico ultra-deepwater market."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)