PEMEX Holds First Meeting of 2013 for Hurricane Response Group
Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) held its first regular meeting Wednesday for its Emergency Response Plan Hurricane (PREH) technical group as the start of the 2013 hurricane season approaches. The working group includes PREH Production Assistant Marine Regions Northeast and Southwest and Logistics of Pemex Exploration and Production.
Meeting attendants included:
- Members of the oil unions representing Port del Carmen, Campeche and Dos Bocas
- Representatives from the National Water Commission
- Ministry of the Navy of Ciudad del Carmen and Dos Bocas Tobasco
The U.S.-based National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the University of Colorado have forecast 18 named storms in the Atlantic Basin for the 2013 season, which will kick off June 1 and last through Nov. 30. Five of those storms are expected to be Category 1 and 2 hurricanes, while four are anticipated to be intense hurricanes, or Categories 3, 4 and 5, PEMEX said in a May 29 press statement.
The Mexican government issued a hurricane warning Wednesday on its southern Pacific coast for Tropical Storm Barbara, Dow Jones newswires reported the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) as saying.
NHC reported Thursday morning that the system should dissipate in a day or so, but that heavy rains remain a concern.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)