Technip Scores Flare Modification Contract Offshore UAE
Technip was awarded by Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) a lump-sum turnkey contract for the engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up assistance for flares modification and revamp project on Das Island. Das Island is located 180 miles (290 kilometers) offshore Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, in the Gulf.
The project aims to mitigate the hazards due to the existing atmospheric flares on offshore associated gas and upcoming integrated gas development facilities, and the risk of gas exposure for personnel during operation and maintenance of these facilities in case of flame out.
The scope of work includes the:
- relocation of the South Relief flare to the east of the existing flare F-14
- installation of two new ground flares at the existing South Relief flare location
- demolition of the F-11 and F-14 flares
- replacement of a tip for flare
- new electrical substation
Technip's operating center in Abu Dhabi will execute the project which is scheduled for completion in the first half of 2015.
"We are delighted to have been awarded this EPC contract by ADMA-OPCO. It confirms their trust in our expertise in complex brownfield design and construction as we have already executed a number of front-end engineering design and detail engineering projects for them," Senior Vice President of Technip in the Middle East Vaseem Khan said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Co. more info
- AMEC Bags $124M Deal for PMC Services for the Umm Lulu Project (Dec 06)
- Technip Scores Flare Modification Contract Offshore UAE (May 23)
- AMEC Scores PMC Work Offshore UAE (Mar 02)