Talisman Brings HST, HSD Development Online

Talisman Energy Inc. has commenced oil production from its Hai Su Trang and Hai Su Den (HST, HSD) development offshore Vietnam. Gross production from the field is expected to reach 15,000 barrels a day.

"We are delighted to have achieved first oil ahead of schedule and under budget," said Paul Blakeley, EVP Asia-Pacific, in a press release. "This development will help Talisman meet its regional and corporate objectives of adding near-term, high-margin liquids volumes and associated cash flow. In addition, it will allow us to evaluate the further development potential of the HSD field."

The field came online 18 months after receiving project sanction. Development of the two oil fields, which is situated 47 miles offshore Southern Vietnam in a water depth of 148 feet, consists of two wellhead platforms which are connected to the Te Giac Trang Floating Production Storage and Offloading facility.

The operator reported that four wells at HST were drilled, completed and connected to the facility while two wells that were previously drilled at HSD were completed and tied-in to the facility, as well. The development resides in Block 15-2/01 on the western edge of the Cuu Long Basin.

Talisman Energy operates the block, through the Thang Long Joint Operating Company, holding 60 percent interest while PetroVietnam maintains the remaining 40 percent.


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
FRAC Equipment Operators needed in Midland, TX
Expertise: Fracturing|Stimulation
Location: Midland, 
Shell and A&M Oil & Gas Training Study
Expertise: Gas Plant Operations|Process Technician|Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Location: Robert, 
Office Coordinator
Expertise: Customer Service|Facilities Management|Secretarial or Administrative
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.97/BBL 1.53%
Light Crude Oil : $48.75/BBL 1.79%
Natural Gas : $2.92/MMBtu 0.68%
Updated in last 24 hours