Technip Scores Subsea Tieback Work for South White Rose
Technip was awarded by Husky Oil Operations two contracts, with a combined substantial value, for the planned subsea tieback of the South White Rose Extension field. The field is an extension of the White Rose field, located in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin, approximately 217 miles (350 kilometers) southeast of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
The first contract will be executed in 2013 and will include the supply and installation of gas injection flowlines, umbilicals and subsea structures.
The second contract will take place in 2014 and will cover the supply and installation of flowlines and subsea structures to support oil production and water injection.
Technip's operating center in St. John's will perform the management and engineering of both projects, with various materials and equipment being supplied from within the Group and local supply chain.
Knut Boe, Senior Vice President of Technip's North Sea-Canada Region, commented: “These two awards reinforce Technip's continuous involvement in Atlantic Canada's offshore oil and gas projects. They also mark a new step in the relationship between Technip and Husky Oil Operations, for whom we successfully completed the subsea production system contract for the White Rose field development in 2005.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Husky Enters into a PSC with CNOOC for Block 15/33 in South China Sea (Dec 04)
- Husky Scraps Seadrill Drilling Contract (Sep 22)
- Seadrill Cancels HHI's West Mira Construction Contract Over Delivery Delay (Sep 16)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)