Nabucco to Make Binding Bid for Shah Deniz Field Soon
BUDAPEST - Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH will submit its binding bid for a natural gas field in Azerbaijan, called Shah Deniz, at the end of April, the company said Friday.
The company, which intends to transport natural gas from the Bulgarian-Turkish border to Austria via Romania and Hungary, prepared a bid at the end of March which Nabucco's shareholders will approve in the coming weeks, Reinhard Mitschek, managing director of Nabucco, said.
The Shah Deniz consortium will decide on the winner of the tender in June this year.
The members of the Nabucco consortium include Austria's OMV and Hungary's MOL Nyrt. German utility RWE AG recently handed over its stake to OMV.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: MOL Hungarian Oil & Gas more info
- MOL Group Acquires New Licenses in Hungary (Feb 07)
- MOL Makes Oil, Gas Discoveries in Pakistan (Jul 13)
- MOL Finds Condensate, Gas at Makori East-05 Well in Pakistan's TAL Block (Jul 12)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)