Odfjell Drilling Wins Mariner Contract
The UK's Odfjell Drilling has been awarded a $245-million contract to provide drilling services on the Mariner platform, Statoil announced Wednesday.
Aberdeen-based Odfjell will perform drilling services, maintenance of the drilling facility and drill pipe logistics for the Mariner field development, with options also on the Bressay field development, Statoil said. The contract duration is four years from November 2016 and will include three two-year options.
The Mariner platform is currently under construction. Odfjell Drilling will provide engineering and commissioning services to Statoil under the construction and start-up phase of the field development.
Morten Ruud, vice president Western Europe for Statoil Development and Production International, commented in a statement:
"Mariner is the largest new offshore development in the UK in more than a decade. Over its lifetime the project will generate jobs and substantial ripple effects for UK and the Aberdeen region. This contract award is an example of that."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- Odfjell Sees Continuing Tough Market for Offshore Drillers (Feb 29)