Pemex Awards Engineering Contract to Cal Dive
Pemex Exploracion y Producion (PEMEX) awarded Cal Dive International, Inc. an engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning contract for the Abkatun-Pol-Chuc project in the Bay of Campeche. The contract has an estimated value of $63 million and will utilize the company's vessels.
The scope of work consists of engineering, procuring, installing and commissioning 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) of eight-inch subsea pipeline and associated tie-ins to four existing platforms.
The Abkatun, Pol and Chuc reservoir complex, which has been producing light grade oil since the 90s, is located to the southwest in the Bay of Campeche. These three fields account for the largest light oil reserve in the area, producing roughly 305,400 barrels of oil per day in 2009. However, production has decreased by about 50 percent since 1996.
Pemex is looking to increase production by further delineating the field.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Cal Dive more info
- American Eagle Energy Seeks Bankruptcy After Oil Price Drop (May 11)
- Cal Dive Sells GOM Surface Diving Fleet (Jun 04)
- Cal Dive Makes a Big Splash with Pemex Contract (May 15)