Finalists Selected for UK O&G Safety Awards
Industry body Oil & Gas UK reported Wednesday that it and its partner Step Change in Safety have shortlisted the finalists for the 2013 UK Oil and Gas Safety Awards. Seven awards will be presented on the day of the event, which is scheduled for April 24 at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
A new prize has been created this year: an Award for Workforce Engagement, which will be contested by Shell UK, Cosalt Offshore and Global Producer 3.
Other awards for Safety Leadership, Safety Representative of the Year, Preventative Safety Action, Most Promising Individual, Innovation in Safety and Ideas in Safety will see 15 other firms – including majors and independents like BP, Marathon, Nexen and TAQA Bratani – considered for recognition.
Oil & Gas UK Health and Safety Director Robert Paterson commented in a statement:
"Once again, I'm pleased to say we've seen a very high calibre of entries to the UK Oil and Gas Industry Safety Awards. I'd like to congratulate all the finalists and wish them all the very best of luck on the day."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Nexen, Inc. more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)