Wood Group Wins First Offshore Colombia Contract
Wood Group PSN announced it is delivering operations and maintenance services to Chevron's offshore production facilities under a new $17.5 million contract.
Wood Group PSN will provide services to Chevron's two offshore platforms (Chuchupa A and B), in the Chuchupa natural gas fields, Caribbean Sea, and two onshore natural gas fields (Riohacha and Ballenas) in the province of La Guajira, northern Colombia.
The award marks WGPSN's first offshore services contract in Colombia and will involve over 100 new jobs. The contract term is three years with an additional three year option to extend.
"Chevron is a valued customer and this award marks the expansion of our offshore business in Colombia. We are currently recruiting to bring new employees into our business to service this contract and are committed to developing a skilled and talented local workforce," Derek Blackwood, WGPSN Americas president, said.
The contract was won through a competitive tender process.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)