Petrofac Wins Deepwater Contract, Offshore Mexico
Petrofac announced Monday that it has been awarded a project management contract by Petróleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) for the Lakach project, offshore Mexico.
The contract, which Petrofac's Engineering & Consulting Services business won in partnership with Doris Engineering of Houston, covers specialized technical assistance and supervision for the construction, installation, commissioning, testing and start-up of deep-water subsea wells and infrastructure for the project. The scope also involves drilling activities and tie-ins to existing onshore facilities.
Initially involving around 25 engineers, based in Mexico and Houston, the project is scheduled to complete towards the end of 2015.
Petrofac ECS Managing Director Craig Muir commented in company statement:
"I am delighted that Petrofac's Engineering & Consulting Services business has been selected to support such a significant project for PEMEX with this its first major deepwater development. PEMEX will benefit from the full breadth of Petrofac's specialist subsea pipeline consulting and engineering services in addition to our well management capabilities. We look forward to working closely with PEMEX on this significant project and further building Petrofac's presence in Mexico."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
- Mexico's Pemex Posts $5.6B 3Q Loss On Lower Output (Oct 27)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: DORIS Engineering more info
- Petrofac Wins Deepwater Contract, Offshore Mexico (Mar 11)
- Petrobras Taps 5 Finalists for Sub-Salt Platform Tender (Jul 09)
- DORIS Engineering Wins Contract for Moho Bilondo Development (Nov 10)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)