ExxonMobil Starts Telok Gas Production
ExxonMobil reported Monday that its Malaysian subsidiary has begun gas production from the Telok field, located offshore Malaysia in the South China Sea.
The Telok A platform marks the first phase of the Telok gas development project. It was developed under a gas production sharing contract between Exxon (the operator), Petronas Carigali (PCSB) and Petronas. ExxonMobil and PCSB each hold a 50-percent interest in the project.
The development of the Telok field has been advanced by these companies in order to meet increasing demand for natural gas in Peninsular Malaysia. It is one of several upstream investments announced under Malaysia's Economic Transformation Programme of 2011 – which will see ExxonMobil and PCSB invest more than $3.2 billion in new oil and gas assets to help ensure reliable and sustainable energy supplies for the country.
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Malaysia President J. Hunter Farris commented in a company statement:
"The Telok project is another successful example of collaboration between ExxonMobil and PCSB in meeting Malaysia’s growing energy needs for the power and industrial sector.
"ExxonMobil is committed to ensuring reliable gas supplies to the nation and to using international best practices to enhance our operations in Malaysia."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)