On March 28, 2015 OilCareers and Rigzone will be coming together to provide you with access to the world’s largest resource for Oil and Gas news, jobs and industry insights.
We have recently updated our Terms & Conditions to accommodate these changes. Please read them carefully. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of March 30, 2015.
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), which takes place 6 – 9 May in Houston, has announced 15 technologies that will receive the 2013 Spotlight on New Technology Award recognizing innovative new products that provide significant impact for offshore exploration and production. The awards will be presented at 1600 hours, 6 May, in Reliant Center.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards, which are for OTC exhibitors, showcase the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future. “Our Spotlight Award winners ask, 'What if?' and 'Why not?'" said Spotlight Award Committee Chair Helge Hove Haldorsen.
"It is thanks to them that offshore E&P will continue to play a key role in supplying the world with affordable energy in a sustainable manner."
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
• New: less than 2 years old
• Innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry
• Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
• Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
• Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
"The innovation shown by this year’s Spotlight Award recipients demonstrates the type of ingenuity and forward thinking that is advancing the industry to new levels of safety, productivity, and efficiency,” said Steve Balint, 2013 OTC chairperson. "I congratulate them on their achievements and thank them for making this a highlight of OTC.” Spotlight Recipients and Products for 2013:
• ABB – Onboard DC-Grid
• Baker Hughes – FASTrak LWD Fluid Analysis Sampling and Testing Service
• Bayou Wasco Insulation, Dow Oil & Gas, PIH, Trelleborg Offshore – DOW NEPTUNE Advanced Subsea Flow Assurance Insulation System
• FMC Technologies – Condition and Performance Monitoring
• FMC Technologies and Sulzer Pumps – High-speed, Helico-axial Multiphase Subsea Boosting System
• GE Oil & Gas – RamTel Plus and ROV Subsea Display Panel
• GE Oil & Gas – Deepwater BOP Blind Shear Ram
• Reelwell as – Reelwell Drilling Method Riserless (RDM-R)
• SBM Offshore – Drilling Riser Trip Saver
• ShawCor – Mobile Robotic Cutback System
• STATOIL ASA – Remotely Welded Retrofit Subsea Hot Tap Tee
• Superior Energy Services – Complete Automated Technology System (CATS)
• Wärtsilä Corporation – Wärtsilä GasReformer
• Welltec –Well Cutter
• WeST Drilling Products AS – Continuous Motion Rig (CMR)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you