Statoil Gets NPD OK to Drill Appraisal in PL 265
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for well 16/2-17 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 16/2-17 S will be drilled from the drilling facility Ocean Vanguard (mid-water semisub) at position 58 degrees 48'15,92" north and 2 degrees 31'46,03" east on the Johan Sverdrup discovery following completion of drilling of appraisal well 16/5-3 for Statoil in production license 502.
The drilling program for well 16/2-17 S covers drilling of an appraisal well in production license 265. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are Petoro AS with 30 percent, Det norske oljeselskap ASA with 20 percent and Lundin Norway AS with 10 percent.
The area in this license consists of parts of block 16/2 in the central North Sea. Production license 265 was awarded on 24 April 2001 (NSA 2000). This is the 11th well drilled within the license area and the 7th appraisal well on Johan Sverdrup in PL 265.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)