Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle

Endeavour International, operator of the East Rochelle field, provided a drilling update on the East Rochelle well (15/27-E1y) in the UK sector of the North Sea.

Endeavour performed a routine inspection of the conductor, well head and blow out preventer systems using a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) after a severe storm that lasted several days. Inspection of the well revealed that the cement around the top of the 36-inch conductor pipe had been removed creating a non-uniform hole around the conductor, the press release stated. The hole extended about 4 to 7 feet in diameter and 25 feet in depth.

Drilling operations have been suspended on the well due to this finding and the company is now conducting a thorough analysis to identify the cause of the cement loss. The repair work to the conductor pipe is completed and an evaluation will be conducted to determine if potential fatigue damage occurred on the conductor. Once the investigation is completed, the company plans to recommence drilling operations at the East Rochelle well.

The Transocean Prospect (mid-water semisub) is slated to move to the West Rochelle area to drill a second production well, allowing for the start-up for the Rochelle development.

The Rochelle field is located on Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c and 15/27 in 453 feet (138 meters) of water in the UK sector of the North Sea. Endeavour International serves as the operator, holding a 55.6% interest and Nexen holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
 Company: Endeavour International Corporationmore info
 - Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
 - Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 7)
 - Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.

Our Privacy Pledge

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  ExxonMobil Starts Fuels Production at ... (Sep 21)
 -  How to Become a Safety Engineer (Sep 18)
 -  How to Become a Geologist (Sep 15)
 -  Oil, Gas Industry Leadership Group to ... (Sep 14)
 -  CB&I Wins China PDH Unit Contract (Sep 11)

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Tool Pusher
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Toolpusher
Location: Odessa, TX
Floor Hand
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Floorhand / Roughneck
Location: Odessa, TX
United States El Reno: Perforating Specialist, Assoc
Expertise: Perforation|Petroleum Engineering
Location: El Reno, OK
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $56.43/BBL 0.40%
Light Crude Oil : $50.55/BBL 0.27%
Natural Gas : $2.95/MMBtu 5.44%
Updated in last 24 hours