Iraqi Block 9 Service Contract Signed
Dragon Oil announced Monday that a consortium it is part of has signed the final service contract for Iraqi Exploration Block 9 with the Iraqi Ministry of Oil.
Dragon bid jointly with Kuwait Energy in respect of Block 9 and the signing of the contract will see Kuwait Energy as the operator with a 70-percent contractor share. Dragon Oil holds the remaining 30 percent.
Block 9 is located in the province of Basra. It covers an area of approximately 345 square miles. Dragon confirmed that if the block is found to be commercial during the five-year exploration period, the consortium is automatically eligible for 20-year development and production phases, extendable by a further five years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UAE's Dragon Oil in Talks with Turkmenistan on $10B TAPI Pipeline (Nov 27)
- Dragon Oil to Maintain Production Rate of 100,000 Bopd for 5 Years (Aug 07)
- Elliott Advisors Says ENOC's Offer Undervalues Dragon Oil (Jul 17)
Company: Kuwait Energy Company more info
- Kuwait Energy to Be OPEC State's First London-Traded Company (May 03)
- Egypt to Search for Oil in Iraq in First Foreign Venture (Sep 30)
- Indonesia's Medco Gets Additional 25 Years to Operate Oman Oil Fields (Apr 29)