GOM Fact Finding Trip for Decom North Sea
Decom North Sea, a UK forum for offshore oil and gas decommissioning, announced Tuesday it is currently conducting a week-long visit to the Gulf of Mexico to explore future offshore decommissioning opportunities in the region.
Members of Decom North Sea are using the visit to understand the decommissioning industry in the GOM and identify opportunities for future collaborations and partnerships, the organization said.
"This learning journey presents an invaluable opportunity for our members to gain an understanding of how decommissioning is undertaken in the Gulf of Mexico and explore possible business opportunities for DNS members particularly for future deeper water decommissioning projects," DNS Chief Executive Brian Nixon said in a statement from the organization.
"With the decommissioning market in the Gulf of Mexico already worth $30-to-$40 billion, there is great potential for this to increase in the next few years due to the new Idle Iron regulation. Although the Gulf of Mexico decommissioning program is well underway with more than 3,000 structures already removed, there are still significant opportunities for decommissioning companies and related support services for decades to come."
Visits and meetings are being organized in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development and delegates are meeting some of the key operators in the GOM region. Companies taking part include TETRA Technologies, Wood Group PSN, Stena Recycling and Wild Well Control.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: TETRA Technologies, Inc. more info
- GOM Fact Finding Trip for Decom North Sea (Jan 22)
- TETRA Reports 2010 Earnings Guidance (Jan 05)
- TETRA Signs Oilfield Services Contract with Petrobras (Jun 04)
Company: Wild Well Control more info
- Wild Well Control Locates New Subsea Capping Stack to Singapore (Sep 19)
- Wild Well Expands Company Service Offerings, Presence in Asia Pacific (Aug 20)
- Wild Well Joins Forces with Check-6 at OTC 2014 (May 05)