Bechtel Bags FEED Contract for Mozambique Proj.
Bechtel has been selected by Anadarko Mocambique Area 1, Limitada to perform a front end engineering and design (FEED) for a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility in the Republic of Mozambique. This is the first LNG project in the country.
"The Mozambique LNG FEED award builds on Bechtel's extensive experience in LNG and in Africa, where we have worked for more than 50 years," said Jack Futcher, president of Bechtel's Oil, Gas and Chemicals business unit. "We are excited by the prospect of working with Anadarko and its partners to develop a world-class facility that will bring jobs and economic development to Mozambique."
The FEED is for the initial phase of the onshore LNG facility that will be built in the Cabo Delgado province in the northeast of the country. Bechtel will develop a design for a multi-train liquefaction plant with a nominal train capacity of five million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) of LNG, and an overall LNG park plan that will allow for future expansion of the facility to approximately 50 MMTPA. First commercial LNG sales from the facility are planned for 2018.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)