First Oil Produced from Cormorant East
Canada-based Antrim Energy announced Monday that its partner TAQA Bratani has achieved first oil production from its Cormorant East field in the Contender Area (UK northern North Sea block 211/22a).
Antrim reported that the initial production rate from the field is 5,500 barrels of oil per day with no water. The firm pointed out that first oil has been achieved just 85 days following the discovery of the field.
The Cormorant East Field was discovered last October by exploration well 211/21-N94. Production is being processed at the North Cormorant platform operated by TAQA Bratani before being exported to the Sullom Voe terminal for sale. Cormorant East is initially being produced under primary depletion with a single production well, with the potential to install a water-injection scheme and/or additional production wells at a later date.
Antrim added that the operator's analysis of the field data indicates significant potential for upside, dependent on the reservoir response to the existing well. Further appraisal locations have been identified within the Cormorant East development area, both down-dip from the existing discovery well and in adjacent fault panels.
Antrim holds an 8.4-percent interest in the Contender Block, while operator TAQA holds 60 percent, Dana Petroleum 20 percent, First Oil Expro 7.6 percent and Bridge Energy four percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Bridge North Sea more info
- Asha East Well Comes up Dry (Oct 17)
- Wintershall's Amol Well Comes up Dry (Sep 25)
- Spike Targets Bridge Energy (Sep 16)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)