Aker Wins Equipment Order with Transocean
Aker Solutions announced Tuesday that it has won $8.1 million of contracts to supply equipment to Transocean.
Aker said that the new equipment sales will see the delivery of five iron roughnecks and one drilling derrick machine in the second quarter of 2013. A hydraulic power unit has also been manufactured and delivered as part of the contract, the firm added.
Michael Griffin, UK head of Aker's drilling technologies business, commented in a company statement:
"I am pleased that we are continuing to develop our relationship with Transocean. Securing these orders is a reflection of our approach of working closely with our customers to understand their needs and provide them with drilling solutions for the future."
Aker added that all equipment connected to the order will be delivered from its Aberdeen operation.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)