PSA Grants Dong Approval to Explore PL 289
The Petroleum Safety granted Dong E&P Norge consent to conduct exploratory drilling on well 3/7-9S. The objective of the drilling activity is to examine the potential of a prospect in Production License 289.
Dong previously drilled an exploration well 3/7-7, at the Marsvin prospect, in 2008 but failed to hit commercial pay. The operator plans to recommence drilling at the site in January/February and the activity will have a duration of about 90 days.
Dong plans to use the Maersk Giant (350' ILC) jackup drilling facility at the location, which resides in a water depth of about 220 feet (67 meters).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)