CNOOC Turns On Taps at Pearl River Mouth Basin Fields

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

CNOOC Limited announced that Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field adjustment project and Liuhua 4-1 oil field located in the Pearl River Mouth Basin of South China Sea, successfully commenced production.

Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field has an average water depth of about 328 feet (100 meters). The adjustment project was designed to share the existing facilities to develop Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field more effectively. The adjustment project was expected to hit its peak production in 2014.

The Company holds 75.5 percent interest and acts as the Operator of Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field. Our partner Burlington Resources China holds the remaining 24.5 percent interest.

Liuhua 4-1 oil field has an average water depth of about 879 feet (268 meters). In view of the features of the oil field, the Company built a new subsea production system while sharing the surrounding facilities for overall development. This project is expected to hit its peak production in 2013.

Liuhua 4-1 is an independent oil field in which the Company holds 100 percent interest and acts as the Operator.

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post a Comment Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Reservoir Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Rentals & Asset Manager - Surface & Frac
Expertise: Asset Management|Operations Management|Subsea Engineering|Technical Sales
Location: Houston, 
 
Territory Sales Manager - Subsea Wellheads
Expertise: Sales & Marketing|Subsea Engineering|Technical Sales
Location: Houston, 
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $65.37/BBL 1.75%
Light Crude Oil : $59.72/BBL 1.64%
Natural Gas : $2.89/MMBtu 2.03%
Updated in last 24 hours