Eni, Anadarko Join Forces Offshore Mozambique
Eni has signed a Heads of Agreement (HOA) with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Friday, establishing foundational principles for the coordinated development of common natural gas reservoirs in the offshore Mozambique.
The HOA will facilitate a development program whereby Eni and Anadarko will conduct separate yet coordinated offshore activities, spanning both Area 4, operated, by Eni and Area 1, operated by Anadarko.
Furthermore, the two companies will jointly plan and construct common onshore LNG liquefaction facilities in the Cabo Delgado Province of northern Mozambique.
Eni is the operator of Area 4 with a 70% participating interest. The other partners of the joint venture are GalpEnergia (10%), KOGAS (10%) and ENH (10%, carried through the exploration phase).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)