Brenham Inks PSC Agreement for Equatorial Guinea Block
Brenham Oil & Gas, a subsidiary of American International Industries, announced Thursday has executed a production sharing contract with the government of Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. Pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, Brenham received a 15 percent participating interest in newly-created Block Y, which consolidates four offshore exploration blocks into a single, half-million acre license. Xuan Energy is the operator of Block Y.
Rog Hardy, Brenham's vice president of exploration, stated, "Block Y is between and along a geologic trend with Hess Corporation's large Okume and Ceiba oil and gas field complex (which peaked at more than 80,000 barrels of oil per day) and an undeveloped oil discovery in Block P to the north, with, among other companies, VAALCO Energy. The block awarded to Brenham is large, with plenty of room to run, and is in benign operating conditions and moderate water depths. We are very excited about the exploration potential of Block Y."
Daniel Dror, Brenham's chief executive officer and president, stated, "Brenham's entry into this high-potential opportunity in West Africa is a result of our team's extensive experience in Africa with companies such as Occidental Petroleum Corporation and Unocal, and years of focused, rigorous geotechnical and commercial evaluations. We believe that Block Y has the right upside-to-risk mix and we intend for this project to be the foundation for additional quality ventures in West Africa and elsewhere. Brenham looks forward to working with the Government of Equatorial Guinea and our other partners to conduct a successful exploration campaign."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Brenham Inks PSC Agreement for Equatorial Guinea Block (Dec 20)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)
- KBR Scores Major FEED Contract for Chirag Oil Project in Caspian Sea (Mar 23)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)