Dominion has Midas Touch at Goldfinger Prospect

Dominion Exploration & Production has made a discovery at its Goldfinger prospect in Mississippi Canyon Block 771 in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. The discovery well was drilled in 5,423 feet of water and encountered 57 net feet of oil bearing sand at approximately 15,000 feet below sea level. The well was temporarily abandoned and will most likely be completed as a subsea tieback to the Devils Tower spar on nearby Block MC 773.

Goldfinger represents the second subsea tieback prospect drilled by Dominion E&P near the Devils Tower spar. The Triton discovery (MC 772 #4) was drilled in 2002 and successfully appraised (MC 728 # 1) in 2003. A three well subsea development system is currently under evaluation to connect the discoveries to the Devils tower host platform. The Devils Tower spar is set to commence production in the second quarter of this year following commissioning of the export pipelines and well completions. The Triton/Goldfinger project could be completed and producing through the spar by late 2005 -- early 2006 depending on available processing capacity.

Dominion E&P owns a 75% working interest and is operator of Devils Tower, Triton, and Goldfinger with partner Pioneer Natural Resources Company owning the remaining 25% interest in the project area.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours