Oselvar Production Resumes after Ula Leak Incident
Norwegian Energy Company (Noreco) announced Monday that production at the Oselvar field in the Norwegian North Sea was restarted at the weekend after having been shut down since Sept. 12 following the hydrocarbon leak at the BP-operated Ula P platform.
Separately on Monday, Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority announced that it had given BP a 'notification of order' over the Ula P incident.
The PSA said in a statement that conditions were identified in relation to the fire on the Ula P platform that "do not comply with the regulatory requirements". Consequently, added the PSA, it has ordered BP "to implement immediate and specific physical measures to correct, or compensate for, insufficient compliance with the requirements related to fire and explosion protection on Ula P".
Noreco has a 15-percent interest in the Oselvar field, where Dong Energy is the operator with a 40-percent interest. Noreco also announced Monday that it had made a farm-down agreement to sell to France's Total 11.9 percent of its UK license P1666 – where the Romeo exploration well is currently being drilled.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
Company: DONG more info
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)