Russian Government Approves Rosneft's TNK-BP Acquisition
MOSCOW - Russia's government has approved state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft's $55 billion acquisition of TNK-BP from BP PLC and its partners, a spokeswoman for Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich said Wednesday.
"All the directives on the purchase of 100% of TNK-BP by Rosneft have been signed," the spokeswoman said.
Rosneft agreed deals last month to buy TNK-BP, Russia's No. 3 crude producer, from BP and its partners, the AAR group of tycoons, for $55 billion in cash and shares.
Interfax Wednesday quoted an unnamed source as saying that Rosneft's board of directors had approved the purchase of the BP stake at a meeting Tuesday. A Rosneft spokeswoman confirmed the acquisition had been discussed, but declined to comment on any decision.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)