Lundin Strikes Gas Offshore Malaysia with Tembakau-1
Lundin Petroluem announced Wednesday that it has completed Tembakau-1, a well sited in the PM307 Block, offshore Malaysia, as a gas discovery.
Tembakau-1, a vertical well drilled to a depth of 5,135 feet (1,565 meters) in 220 feet (67 meters) water depth, penetrated around 197 feet (60 meters) of net gas pay in five high quality sand intervals in the Miocene objective.
An extensive data acquisition program was completed, including rock and fluid samples, pressure profiles and mini-drill stem testings. The well was plugged and abandoned, and further work will follow to estimate recoverable resource ranges.
“The discovery is the second successful well completed in PM307 in 2012 and continues our robust exploration performance in Malaysia that started in 2011 with six discoveries made from nine wells drilled,” said Lundin’s President and CEO Ashley Heppenstall in a statement.
Following Tembakau-1, the West Courageous rig moves south to drill the fifth and final well – Ara-1 which is sited in the PM308A Block– of Lundin’s 2012 exploration campaign.
Lundin operates six offshore blocks in Malaysia – PM307, PM308A, PM308B, SB303, SB307 and SB308 – through its subsidiary Lundin Malaysia. It holds a majority 75 percent interest in the blocks, while its partner Petronas Carigali holds the remaining 25 percent stake.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
- PFI: Petronas, Aramco Seeking $8B For Malaysian Project (Oct 25)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)