Source: BP Receives Formal Offer from Rosneft for TNK-BP Stake
BP PLC has received a formal offer from Russian state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft for its 50% stake in Russian oil producer TNK-BP, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday.
The person gave no further details on the offer, which other people close to the talks have said is around $25 billion in a mix of cash and shares.
Rosneft President Igor Sechin, a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, is presenting his offer to BP in London Thursday. BP's board is expected to consider the offer Friday, people close to the deal have said.
Rosneft, in which the government owns 75.5%, said in July it would bid on BP's stake in Russia's third largest oil producer.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)