Lukoil: Iraq Govt Approves Block 10 Oilfield Development

MOSCOW - OAO Lukoil Holdings, Russia's second largest oil producer, said Tuesday that the Iraq government has approved the geologic exploration, development and production contract for Block 10 in the south of the country.

Lukoil said the development will result in a synergistic effect as it is located 100 km from the company's West Qurna-2 field.

Lukoil has a 60% stake in Block 10. Japan's Inpex Corp. holds the other 40%.

Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Safety and Environmental Management System Specialist (SEMS)
Expertise: Environmental, Safety & Training|Regulatory Compliance|Safety Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
Field Operations Supervisor II Job
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor|Regulatory Compliance
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Production Engineer
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours