Technip Leashes Dalmation Gig in GOM
Technip was awarded by Murphy Exploration & Production Company – USA a lump sum contract for the development of the Dalmatian field, located in the Gulf of Mexico, at a water depth ranging from 1,739 to 5,906 feet (530 to 1,800 meters). This field, jointly owned by Murphy and Ecopetrol America Inc., is comprised of the De Soto Canyon Blocks 4, 47, 48 and 91.
The project consists of a subsea tie-back to an existing Gulf of Mexico platform.
The contract covers:
- project management, engineering, fabrication and installation of a gas riser, an oil riser, a 24-mile (38-kilometer) flowline and a 21-mile (34-kilometer) pipe-in-pipe flowline with associated PLETs and jumpers,
- installation of a main subsea control umbilical, infield umbilical, and associated foundation and flying leads, pre-commissioning.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will perform the overall project management. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group's spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in 2013 by the Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel, the Pioneer, which was recently added to the Technip fleet with the acquisition of Global Industries, and the HOS Iron Horse, a Technip managed multiservice vessel.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)