Tap Oil, Pearl Oil to Start Drilling in Gulf of Thailand Next Week

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

Tap Oil and Pearl Oil will next week spud the first of three wells to be drilled this year at their offshore Gulf of Thailand permits, Tap Oil said in a statement Friday.

Three exploration wells are expected to be drilled in the 2012 program: two wells in the G1/48 concession and one well in the G3/48 concession. The G1/48 concession is sited in the Northern Kra Basin, while the G3/48 concession is located in the Southern Sattakut Basin.

The first well – Manora-5 – in G1/48 is expected to spud Oct. 4. It will be drilled to a target depth of 8,038 feet (2,450 meters) within 15 days, Tap Oil said. This will be followed by the Pathum-1 prospect in G3/48 and the Manora North-1 well in G1/48 in November and December respectively.

The G1/48 wells target the Manora style prospects and test synrift lacustrine sands which are the primary hydrocarbon reservoirs in the Manora field. Secondary targets exist in the overlying fluvial section.

The Pathum-1 well in the G3/48 concession will test the petroleum potential of fluvial section as the primary target in the southern Sattakut Basin.

Pearl Oil (Amata) is the operator of G1/48 with a 40-percent stake. The remaining stake in the concession are held by Pearl Energy (G1) (20%), Northern Gulf Petroleum (10%) and Tap Energy (Thailand) (30%).

Pearl Oil (Amata) is also the operator of G3/48 with a 60 percent stake. Northern Gulf Thailand holds the remaining 40 percent stake. Tap has an indirect interest in G3/48 where it holds a 75 percent stake in Northern Gulf Thailand.

 



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post a Comment Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  First Production Flows at Bukit Tua Fi... (May 22)
 -  BG Group, Prosafe Agree New Program fo... (May 22)
 -  Mosman Hits Stumbling Block at Petrole... (May 22)
 -  Statoil Comes up Dry at 2 Norwegian Se... (May 22)
 -  Unite Joins GMB in Calling for North S... (May 22)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Well Monitoring Advisor/Specialist - (MULTIPLE OPENINGS)
Expertise: Mud Logging|Well Control|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Houston, TX
 
4 Drilling Rig Clerk's and 2 Completions Rig Clerk's
Expertise: Dispatcher|Rig File Clerk
Location: Midland / Odessa , TX
 
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Reservoir Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $66.54/BBL 2.32%
Light Crude Oil : $60.72/BBL 2.95%
Natural Gas : $2.95/MMBtu 1.02%
Updated in last 24 hours