AAR would Likely Buy BP Stake with TNK-BP Funds
MOSCOW – AAR's bid for BP PLC's stake in TNK-BP would likely be financed by borrowing through TNK-BP, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.
BP put its 50% stake in Russia's No. 3 crude producer up for sale in June amid rising tensions with AAR, a group of four billionaires that owns the other half. BP is also in talks with Russian state-controlled oil giant OAO Rosneft.
The person familiar with the matter said AAR will make an offer for BP's stake in cash and will make its bid before mid-October when a 90-day period requiring BP to negotiate in good faith with AAR expires.
The person added that AAR hasn't yet determined the price of its offer for the stake, which analysts estimate is worth around $25 billion.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Rosneft more info
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)