FT: Rosneft Seeks Financing of $15B for Potential TNK-BP Stake
Rosneft has approached London lenders for $15 billion in loans to back a potential purchase of 50% of BP PLC's Russian oil venture TNK-BP, the Financial Times reported Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Rosneft might make a bid after conducting due diligence on the joint venture, and could pay more than $20 billion for it, a person familiar with the matter told the newspaper.
Another person said BP requires that any deal be backed by the Russian government before it will enter serious talks with Rosneft, according to the newspaper.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)