Offshore operators continued to redeploy workers and restart oil and gas production after evacuating personnel and halting Gulf of Mexico operations due to Hurricane Isaac.
Lafayette, La.-based Stone Energy reported Tuesday that its major Gulf of Mexico facilities have been safely remanned, with damage from Hurricane Isaac to its facilities appearing to be minor.
The company began shutting in production and evacuating workers on Aug. 26; by Aug. 28, virtually all of its Gulf production had been shut in, Stone said in a statement Tuesday.
Stone's Gulf facilities were producing 35,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) prior to the storm. Stone's production as of Sept. 3 was approximately 18,000 boepd.
McMoRan Exploration reported no significant damage to its producing properties in the Gulf, including Flatrock at South Marsh Island Block 212.
No significant damage was sustained by the rigs being utilized in McMoRan's completion operations at Davy Jones No. 1 on South Marsh Island Block 230 and exploration activities at Blackbeard West No. 2 on Ship Shoal Block 188 and Lineham Creek onshore Cameron Parish, La.
Rig crews have remobilized following the evacuation, the company said in a statement. Operations have also been resumed.
At Davy Jones, McMoran expects to conduct a measurable flow test this month.
Preliminary crew inspections of Houston-based Hercules Offshore's drilling rigs and liftboats found no significant damage due to Hurricane Isaac. The company's Lafayette, La.-based facilities also sustained no significant damage, the company said in a statement Tuesday.
"Our established hurricane and crisis management planning has proven to be effective in safely evacuating our personnel and ensuring that our drilling rigs and vessels weathered the storm without damage or environmental incident," said Hercules President and Chief Executive Officer John T. Rynd in a statement.
Anadarko Petroleum Corp. has successfully restarted production at the Constitution, Marco Polo, Gunnison and Independence Hub platforms in the eastern and central Gulf of Mexico, the company said in a statement Tuesday.
"We continue to ramp up volumes to pre-storm levels at these facilities as third-party operated pipelines and infrastructure allow," the company said in a statement. "We expect to restart production at Neptune as third-party operated infrastructure permits."
Initial reports indicate mainly minor damage was inflicted on Gulf production platforms and rigs by Hurricane Isaac, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) reported Tuesday.
As of Sept. 4, workers remained evacuated from 21 production platforms, or 3.52 percent, of the 596 manned platforms in the Gulf. Workers also were still evacuated from two rigs, or 2.63 percent, of the 76 rigs currently operating in the Gulf.
Approximately 51.51 percent of Gulf oil production, or 710,866 barrels, remained shut in as of Tuesday, as did approximately 29 percent of current Gulf natural gas production, or 1.3 billion cubic feet per day, BSEE said in a statement Tuesday.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
More from this Author
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you