Shell Rejoins Goldie Discovery Operation

Indo-Pacific Energy Ltd. reports that following analysis of the recent pressure survey at the Goldie-1 well, Shell Oil has elected to exercise its right under the PMP38148 joint venture operating agreement to rejoin the Goldie Discovery operation. This election requires Shell to now pay Indo-Pacific an initial sum of approximately US $750,000; and then to wait while Indo-Pacific takes all of Shell's 59.57% share of net revenues from the Goldie discovery until a premium payment of several times that amount has been reached. This Sole Risk Premium repayment point would take some years to reach if based solely on revenues from the Goldie-1 well, after which Shell's permit interest will receive 59.57% of ongoing revenues. Since the other permit participant, New Zealand Oil & Gas, has elected to not rejoin the Goldie Sole Risk Discovery, the remaining 40.43% share of revenues after repayment of the premium will be to Indo-Pacific's account. The Goldie-1 well continues in production and has produced more than 78,000 barrels of oil up to July 22. Planning is underway for further drilling in the Goldie field, later this year.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours