EPL Provides Operational Update

Energy Partners, Ltd. currently has exploratory operations underway at two locations, Eugene Island 277 in the Gulf of Mexico and West White Lake in Louisiana. At Eugene Island 277, the Company has recently set an intermediate casing string and is planning to drill ahead below 10,000 feet to a target depth of 12,600 feet. The Company said it has penetrated a number of apparent pay intervals above the primary objectives, which have not yet been reached. EPL is the operator of this higher potential project and holds a 50% working interest.

At West White Lake in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana, the Company is currently drilling below 12,000 feet en route to a target depth of 18,500 feet. EPL is the operator of this higher risk, high potential prospect and has a 50% working interest. Samson Resources Company holds the remaining 50% working interest.

Updating the status of recent exploratory projects, EPL said that it has begun production from the South Pass 27 #98 Sidetrack well in East Bay that tested the Peregrine prospect. The well is currently producing 12 million cubic feet of gas and 720 barrels of condensate per day, and EPL has a 100% working interest.

At East Cameron 378, the Company has finalized plans with its partners to re-enter the previously suspended wellbore and deepen it to test the lowest objective. A rig has been contracted and is scheduled to be on location before the end of April. EPL has a 33% working interest in the project and is the operator.

The Eugene Island 142 #5 well, an exploratory success from late in 2003, recently tested at rates up to 2,100 barrels of oil and over 2.2 million cubic feet per day. EPL holds a 17% working interest in this well, and production is expected in the second half of 2004.

The Company is also drilling development wells in two locations, Mesa Verde North in East Bay and Mossy Creek #2 on South Timbalier 26. The Mesa Verde North well, a follow up development well to the original Mesa Verde discovery in 2002, is drilling below 10,000 feet towards a target depth of 13,300 feet. EPL has a 67% working interest in this well, and Newfield Exploration Company holds the remaining 33%.

The Mossy Creek #2 development well was spud last week and is planned for a target depth of 10,745 feet. This follow-up well to the original Mossy Creek discovery in 2003 is planned as a dual completion in two of the nine pay intervals encountered in the first well. EPL holds a 100% working interest in this well.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours