Blake International Signs Two New Workover Rig Contracts
Blake International has entered into contracts for use of the Blake Rig 14 on the South Pass 62 D platform with Apache Corporation, and use of the Blake Rig 210 on the Vermillion 398 A platform with McMoRan Oil & Gas, LLC. The Blake Rig 14 recently commenced operations on the first well of a 3 month contract, and discussions have begun for continued use of the rig following the initial contract term. Meanwhile, the Blake Rig 210 is wrapping up mobilization operations in preparation of a 1 well plus option contract, and the rig is expected to be available for future work within the next 60 to 75 days.
"The workover market is a key area for Blake International and we are excited to see that it is picking up. As the utilization of rigs increase in the GOM, the market for smaller, faster moving workover rigs become more attractive to operators who need to maintain important wells and keep them online," said President and CEO Beau Blake.
Blake International Rigs owns and operates a fleet of 10 Platform Rigs in the United States and Mexico.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: McMoRan Exploration more info
- McMoRan Touts 'Sizable Reserves' at Sub-Salt, Ultra-Deep Trend (Feb 20)
- McMoRan Preps Davy Jones Well for Fracking Ops (Jan 31)
- McMoRan's Latest Efforts at Davy Jones Site Meet 'Limited Success' (Dec 28)
Company: Blake International more info
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Blake International Bags Pemex Rollover Gig (Dec 17)
- Blake International Secures Deepwater Drilling Gig (Aug 19)
- Blake International Receives Extension for Pemex Gig (Jun 17)