Atwood Aurora Lands Gig in Cameroon
Atwood Oceanics, Inc., announced that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a drilling services contract by Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd for the jackup rig Atwood Aurora (350' ILC). The contract for three wells with a minimum total duration of 200 days will be performed in Cameroon at a dayrate of approximately $155,000.
Contract commencement is expected in February 2013 in direct continuation of the two well contract with Bowleven PLC. With the award of this contract, the firm contractual commitment for the Atwood Aurora is expected to extend to August 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Glencore Exploration Ltd. more info
- Victoria Oil & Gas to Acquire 75% Stake in Cameroon's Matanda PSC (Feb 18)
- Angola Requests Bids for 10 Onshore Oil Blocks (Jul 20)
- Atwood Aurora Lands Gig in Cameroon (Jul 09)