Ambassador O&G Poised to Strike First Oil with Shocking-1 Well

Australia's Ambassador Oil and Gas could be on track to strike oil in its first exploration program.

The company said Monday that the onshore Shocking-1 well, the first of two wells to be drilled in the Cooper Basin, encountered good oil shows.
 
Ambassador and its partner, Australia's Senex Energy, are now preparing to carry out a drill stem test to acquire the oil shows in the first primary target, the McKinlay Formation.
 
Shocking-1 is sited 1.3 miles (two kilometers) north of operator Senex's producing Vintage Crop-1 well in permit PEL 516 Shocking Block. Due to the well's proximity to Senex, it could be quickly commercialized in the event of a success. 
 
The rig used to spud the Shocking-1 well is Century Rig 3, which will target mean recoverable reserves of about 250,000 barrels of oil. 
 
"The Shocking structure is mapped as having an upside recoverable oil potential in excess of 500,000 barrels," Ambassador said on June 22, 2012.
 
Under the terms of an earlier farm-in agreement signed between the two companies, Ambassador will fully fund drilling costs to earn a 60 percent stake in each successful prospect. The remaining 40 percent stake is held by Senex. 
 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Store keeper / Warehouse - Zanesville Ohio - 6200
Expertise: Storeman|Supply Chain Management|Warehouse Person
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
Roustabout Thereafter Job
Expertise: Roustabout
Location: Silverthorne, CO
 
Land GIS Spatial Analyst - Mineral Land
Expertise: Contracts Engineer|Geologist|Lease Analyst
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.06/BBL 2.51%
Light Crude Oil : $45.77/BBL 2.17%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 2.30%
Updated in last 24 hours