ExxonMobil Seals LOI Deal for West Alpha Semisub
North Atlantic Drilling has received a letter of intent from ExxonMobil for assignment of the harsh environment semisubmersible drilling unit West Alpha (mid-water semisub). The extension has a firm period of two years with an estimated revenue value of $410 million. Commencement of operations under the contract extension is expected in the third quarter of 2014, in direct continuation of the next assignment for West Alpha on the Balder field. Consequently, West Alpha has secured firm contracts that will keep the rig employed to third quarter 2016.
The customer has an option to extend the contract with one additional year at the same terms as for the first two years.
Seadrill has a 74 percent ownership interest in North Atlantic Drilling Ltd.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)