SBM Offshore Awarded Fram FPSO from Shell
SBM Offshore has received a letter of interim award (LOIA) from Shell for the supply, lease and operation of a FPSO for the Fram field in the UK sector of the North Sea. The LOIA allows SBM Offshore to commence engineering and procurement of long lead items to ensure timely completion of the planned Fram FPSO project, which is subject to a Final Investment Decision.
In March 2012, Shell and SBM Offshore signed an Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) covering a term of five years, with an option to extend for another five years, to supply small and medium sized FPSOs globally on a lease and operate basis. The Fram FPSO, subject to a Final Investment Decision, will be the first project to be developed under the terms of the EFA.
The hull of the FPSO will be based on a converted Aframax tanker and will incorporate an internal turret permanent mooring system. The crude will be offloaded to shuttle tankers and the gas exported via the existing Fulmar pipeline.
Bruno Chabas CEO of SBM Offshore said: "We are delighted by the letter of interim award for this FPSO lease and operate project in the North Sea for Shell. This award reaffirms our strategy to focus on FPSOs as we develop SBM Offshore's position as the world's leading FPSO provider. The agreement signed earlier in the year is a commitment to work with Shell on a long term basis to develop offshore floating solutions. We look forward to developing many more FPSO projects with Shell around the world in the future".
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)